Monday, April 21, 2014

The Untitled Poem

The Untitled Poem

Now you see,
my name is Christina,
my talent is writing poetry..
And ....and....
Oh yeah!
I just turned fourteen!

Now you see,
I'm a middle school poet,
ha!
And you didn't even know it ..
But I think ill cut it with the corny jokes now,
because it just isn't me.

I've been flipped upside down,
but it's okay because now I'm right side up.
Now I only need your attention for another minute.

I have more enemies than I have friends,
But I don't understand.
How can that be?
Only because your old best friend has a new best friend,
and the groups of best friends want nothing to do with me.

But I won't let it bother me no more.
Because I have a pen and this paper,
and I spend more time in my room than I do outside!
Yes, I'm still exercising!
Exercising my mind!

And I know it won't always rhyme but I just gotta go with it sometimes.
Now I've learned,
that throught writing down a few lines,
I can finally know what its like to shine,
because this is my only talent,
my only grind,
and my only place to shine.

I'm a poet,
and you finally know it.

And now you can see,
that I've shined,
over a thousand times.

No comments:

Post a Comment